If Anders Breivik isn’t actually mad, he’s certainly a little bit strange. In his early twenties, he had cosmetic surgery, on his forehead, chin and nose. After failing at various businesses, he lived in his mother’s spare room. And he has spent quite a lot of that time playing an online role-playing game called World of Warcraft. Anders Breivik, in other words, is just like an awful lot of other young men who commit terrible acts of violence. He’s a man who has failed at work, and failed with women. He’s a man who can’t stop thinking about his appearance, and his ego. He’s a man who prefers fantasy to reality. And who feels like a failure, but wants to show the world he’s special.
Anders Breivik says he hates Muslims, and multiculturalism, and feminism, but really what he hates, like everyone else with a narcissistic personality disorder, which is clearly what he has, and clearly what most terrorists have, is himself. Women who hate themselves tend to harm themselves. Men who hate themselves tend to turn their hate on to the world. They’ll hate whatever they can find to hate. If they’re white, they might, like the Unabomber, whose “manifesto” Breivik actually plagiarised, hate black people. If they’re Muslim, they might hate people who aren’t. Most people who hate other people they don’t even know won’t do much about it. But some people will buy fertiliser, or guns. And use them to blow other people’s lives apart.
Please continue reading.
Reading about the Norway shooter, Anders Behring Breivik, a reasonable opinion can be formed about him even though his evil act occurred across an ocean. Pretty simple. Like the Arizona Shooter, he’s a loser.
Based upon recent reporting, it is evident Breivik truly harbors extreme delusions of grandeur. Wanting to make a name for himself, he projected his sense of inadequacy and inferiority upon a social group that he could not be a part of. The ostensible reason for his insanity is because he chose to kill people he apparently wanted to protect from his notion of a cultural threat.
The following excerpts from various on-line newspaper articles about this turd corroboate this opinion, however it should not considered anything more than a common sense opinion. Like Jared Loughner, there is no reason for the state to allow him to continue living.
Having murdered 77 innocent victims, he is now entering the propaganda phase of his 21st-century crusade. Confined to his cell, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt that he spends his waking hours writing speeches or making bizarre requests to the authorities.
A narcissist and a fantasist, Breivik, 32, refuses to have his prison “mugshot” taken to ensure that the carefully stage-managed photographs he took of himself – in full Masonic regalia or clutching his rifle – are not replaced by more humbling images.
Having been refused permission to wear a combat uniform, he has demanded to wear a red Lacoste sweater for his public outings to court or to the police station. He will not wear anything else.
…Another former schoolfriend told The Sunday Telegraph that Breivik’s attention-seeking was evident a decade ago. “I remember we were at a party,” recalls the former friend, “and he told me he had had his nose and chin operated on by a plastic surgeon in America. It was a bit weird, but he was hanging around at that time with a group of people obsessed by their bodies.”
For Breivik – even at the age of 21 – a nose job was the logical next step in his desire for physical perfection.
He had a drastic solution, too, for curing what he saw as the ills of multicultural Norway. He would slaughter government workers and the children of the Norwegian socialist elite as the opening salvo in a new crusade against what he perceived as the creeping Islamification of western Europe. His plan was laid down in his manifesto, 2083: A European Declaration of Independence. The year 2083 signals when Breivik was convinced the civil war he hoped to start would be over.
He seems to have enjoyed a normal Norwegian childhood. “He was an alert but unremarkable boy at school,” remembers a former classmate, who wished to be anonymous. “He was somebody who went along with the others. He wasn’t an outsider and he didn’t appear to have problems.”
After school, Breivik did a brief stint in the army, and then appears to have gone from one job to the next. He is believed to have started a computer company and earned enough money to live in a luxury apartment and sport a Breitling watch. However, other reports suggest that for years he worked in a lowly call centre and lived almost anonymously.
He concludes that Norwegian liberalism and permissiveness allowed him “too much freedom” and had “to a certain extent made me feminine”. Some analysts outside Norway have already started to advance the theory that Breivik had deep feelings of sexual inadequacy. They argue that he subconsciously sought compensation through gross acts of violence carried out with the help of an assortment of obviously “phallic” weapons such as the automatic rifles, shot-guns and special Glock automatic pistol with which he calmly gunned down teenaged Labour Party members as if they were rabbits.
Mr Lippestad branded his own client ‘probably insane’, adding: ‘He is in a war and he believes that when you are in a war you can do things like that without pleading guilty.
‘He also asked me exactly how many people he had killed during the attacks. He expects this is the start of a war that will last for 60 years.’
Breivik’s ‘Plan A’ had been to raise £3million to publish his 1,500-page racist ‘manifesto’ about how to rid Europe of Muslims. But he claimed the stock market crash left him £2.5million short of his target, forcing him to embark on murderous ‘Plan B’.
Breivik’s upbringing was remarkably privileged, even by Norwegian standards. He went to the same Oslo primary school as Crown Prince Haakon, who was a few years older.
At Handelsgymnasium, a high school in central Oslo where parents of new students are treated to an organist playing music by Edward Elgar, Breivik would have been surrounded not only by a keen sense of tradition but by his country’s future business and political leaders.
“I haven’t really had any negative experiences in my childhood in any way,” Breivik himself wrote of his upbringing.
But some of those who knew him say that even as a child Breivik always pushed the limits.
“He seemed a tough guy who could do things that were unthinkable for us. Like spitting in the cellar, urinating in the neighbor’s storeroom and took great pleasure in killing ants,” Lina Engelsrud, a childhood friend who knew him from roughly the age of 3 to 14 wrote in Aura Avis, a local newspaper.
Crime researchers speculate that Breivik may have struggled to cope with the absence of a high-achieving diplomat father who abandoned the family when his son was only one. Jens Breivik worked for the Foreign Ministry from 1966-96, ministry spokesman Frode Andersen said. Breivik senior served postings in London, Tehran and Paris before retiring in France.
But investigators and other analysts say the document may also be riddled with inaccuracies and that Breivik’s talent for deceit may also have extended to self-delusion. All his testimony shows for sure, they say, is a troubled man who believed killing would bring readers to his thoughts and give his life the meaning it seemed otherwise to lack.
ALWAYS OUT OF PLACE
Exactly how Breivik got the money to rent his farm building, buy the materials for the attack and survive without employment for several years is not clear.
Breivik boasts of his successful business career, saying he made his first million Norwegian crowns ($185,000) by the age of 24, then more in share speculation. But he says he lost another 2 million crowns in less well-planned investments.
As with much else in his story, there may be an element of self-mythologizing. The businessman whom Breivik calls his “mentor” in his manifesto disputes the relationship was ever that close.
“I have never acted as, nor accepted the role of any kind of mentor for him,” Richard Steenfeldt Berg wrote on his Facebook page, admitting “I met this monster 11 years ago.”
He said he barely noticed Breivik’s radical right-wing views. “He never — oddly in hindsight — mentioned anything xenophobic,” he wrote. “However, I remember once, I was criticizing the immigration policies of the populist right wing. He went silent and left.”
Perhaps unsurprisingly, many of those who might have been expected to know the Norwegian killer claim to barely remember him. Breivik claimed that he once belonged to the Progress Party, an opposition populist right-wing group, and even stood as a candidate for Oslo city council in 2003 before deciding the party was not radical enough.
But a party spokesman said Breivik “was anonymous. At official meetings, at parties, at dinners we cannot find a single picture of him. There is no trace of him writing anything.”
In one journal entry, Breivik wrote of one of his frequent trips into a nearby town to buy takeaway food. A “hot” girl in the restaurant checked him out, he said, prompting Breivik to worry that his smart clothes and good looks made him stand out too much in the rural area 100 km from Oslo.
But nearby residents remember him more for his awkwardness and lack of knowledge of farming terminology.
That impression looks to have lasted even up to the point where he stepped onto the ferry to the island on which he would kill most of his victims. Dressed in a police uniform, his manner and particularly his non-official vehicle put some passers-by on edge.
“I remember I reacted that that the man came in a civilian vehicle and I am 100 percent sure I said…that we ought to check his identity and joked that he wasn’t from the police,” wrote Haakon Sandbakken, 22, who also took the ferry.
But once again, no one challenged Breivik. Moments later, he was ashore and shooting.
The confessed killer in Norway’s twin terror attacks that claimed 77 lives has presented a long list of “unrealistic” demands, including the resignation of the government and that his mental condition be investigated by Japanese specialists, his defense lawyer said Tuesday.
Geir Lippestad told the Associated Press his client has two lists of demands. One consists of requests common among inmates such as for cigarettes and civilian clothing. The other is “unrealistic, far, far from the real world and shows he doesn’t know how society works,” Lippestad said by telephone.
Lippestad said 32-year-old Anders Behring Breiviklinks this second list to his willingness to share information about two other alleged terrorist cells that Breivik has mentioned during questioning.
“They are completely impossible to fulfill,” Lippestad said, adding that although Breivik has agreed to be examined by local psychiatrists, he also wants to be investigated by Japanese specialists.
“He claims the Japanese understand the idea and values of honor and that a Japanese (specialist) would understand him a lot better than any European would.”
Lippestad said his client has also demanded complete political reform, in which he wants to be assigned a key role.
“His demands here includes the complete overthrowing of both the Norwegian and European societies,” he said, noting it includes the resignation of the Norwegian government but declined to give further details. “But it shows that he doesn’t understand the situation he’s in.”
Lippestad said he last met his client on Friday, but has scheduled another meeting with him later this week.
Breivik claims he carried out the attacks as part of a network of modern-day crusaders — the Templar — to launch a revolution against a Europe spoiled by Muslim immigration, and that there are other cells ready to strike.
Investigators say they have found no signs of a larger conspiracy. Still, they are searching his computer and cell phone records for any signs of contact with other right-wing extremists who may have helped or influenced him.
At a news conference later Tuesday, Prosecutor Christian Hatlo said police had now finalized its investigation at the site of the bombing in Norway’s government quarter that left eight dead, but are still working to secure evidence at the site of the Labor Party youth camp massacre.
Rescue workers have now begun to clean up the Utoya island camp by collecting and returning personal items left behind by the victims, he said.
Ronny Frantzen, one of the first rescue workers to reach the island during the gun spree, told national news agency NTB that he returned to Utoya with mixed emotions.
“It was frightening to come out to the island and see the tent camp where these horrible acts had been committed,” he said. “But even if we’re painfully aware of the tragedy that happened here, it’s not something that is visible to a very large degree here on Utoya.”
One of the eight volunteers from Frantzen’s aid organization was killed by Breivik on the island.
The July 22 bombing in Norway’s government quarter in Oslo killed eight people and the shooting massacre at an annual summer camp held by the Labor Party’s youth wing on Utoya island claimed an additional 69 lives.
If Breivik is tried and convicted of terrorism he could face up to 21 years in prison. An alternative custody arrangement, however, could keep him behind bars indefinitely.
Norway Nutjob Anders Behring Breivik
- Comment on Iran
- Democracy In China Delayed
- Egypt Spring Election
- FACT Obama not a Leader
- Job Scams
- Obama and His Record
- Palestinian sic Egypt Spring
- 4th Virginia Textbook
- A Love Story
- ABC facts about China
- Acting like Assholes
- Afghanistan Behind US
- Afghanistan beyond 2011
- Afghanistan Pakistan Karzai
- Afghanistan Petraeus Karzai
- Afghanistan reality check
- Alabama what you think
- Amazing colorized photographs
- Amazing Elephant Rescue
- American Common Sense Immigration Reform
- American Dream in trouble
- American Military History
- Another Wall Street scam
- Arab Democracy touch of reality
- Arab Spring contrary opinion
- Arab Spring Egypt update
- Arab Spring ground zero
- Arab Spring in April
- Arab Spring in Mali cocaine
- Arab Spring Islamist Festival
- Arab Spring Outcome
- Arab Spring Reality
- Arab Spring Syria
- Arab Spring they hate US
- Arab Spring Update
- Arab Spring update
- Arab Spring update Libya
- Arizona Massacre
- Backward with Obama
- Bad Economy and the rich
- BAD parenting means BAD kids
- BEWARE Islam in America
- Beyond Devotion to Service
- Bin Laden Dead Never Forget
- Black Issues
- Boston Marathon Tragedy
- Break up BIG Banks
- British heroes Luftwaffe interviews
- British military decline
- Broken Government Serves Politicians
- Budget Battle Bust
- Bush Book Decision Points
- Bush broke IRAQ no ownership
- Bush’s Iraq
- Bush’s lasting legacy
- Cambridge Holiday
- Cancer is a Modern Disease
- Cancer treatment shows promise
- Change in China
- China Changes Leaders
- China Currency
- China going forward 2012
- China in Focus
- China is a Sleeping Dragon
- China IS Hacker Central
- China means cyber-warfare
- Chinese Advantages Problems
- Chinese business model
- Chinese consumerism
- Chris Christie don’t bet on it
- Christmas 2012
- Chronology of Failure
- Class warfare Facts
- Coca Cola secret formula
- Color photography 1940s
- coming soon Mexifornia
- Comment on 2012 Candidates
- Comment on the debt limit crisis
- Common Sense about Afghanistan
- Concentration Camps
- Conflict South China Sea
- Corporations NOT PAYING taxes
- Courage Faith Jessica Lynch
- Debt Deal Graphics
- Debt-ceiling imperative
- December 1860
- Declaration on Iran
- Decline and Fall of the American Dream
- Detroit Schools Archaeological Evidence
- Dick Cheney doinks history
- Dick Morris predicts the election
- Dick Morris spins Bain Romney
- Disgraceful Treatment of VETerans HE SAVED MANY
- Divided State of America
- Doolittle Raiders and Great War diary
- Dreams Deferred Dayton OH
- Dubya’s Disaster
- Economic Recovery – What Recovery?
- Education about education
- Education Means Individual Achievement
- Edward Snowden Dossier
- Egypt in reality
- Egypt under Morsi
- Egyptian democracy prospects
- Election 2010
- Election in Iran
- Emily Perez an example
- Energy Independence Happy Fourth
- Energy Issues
- Equality of Opportunity Based upon Merit
- European Affairs Greece
- European Civilization
- European Economics – Russia – Germany – France – Italy
- Explaining the Tea Party
- Fact Check
- Facts about China
- Facts About Climate Change
- Facts About Climate Change
- Facts About Entitlements
- Facts about Financial MELTdown
- Facts about High unEmployment
- Facts about Islam
- Facts About Medicare
- Facts about Mitt Romney
- Facts about NO Leadership and You
- Facts about North Korea
- FACTS about Obamacare
- Facts about Rick Santorum
- Facts about Taxes
- Facts about the debt deal
- Facts about the Iraq invasion
- Facts about the one perCent
- Facts about Trayvon Martin killing
- Facts on the Ground in Iraq
- Facts Rick Perry cronyism etc
- First Black Fighter Pilot Last Cavalry Charge
- Fiscal Cliff Chronology
- Fiscal Cliff Cometh
- Fiscal Cliff is here
- Flavor of the month Herman Cain
- Flood Photos
- Florida Foreclosures
- Forward with Obama
- Forward with Obamacare
- Four More Years
- Gas Attack in Syria
- Get Out of Afghanistan
- get the Money out of politics
- Global Warming is here
- Glory of God
- Goldman Sachs Naked and exposed Historical Inequality
- GOOD news POSITIVE stories
- Governor Walker is a Republican Ideologue
- Gridlock Corruption Bureaucracy Politics
- Grover Norquist
- Hackers SpyEye
- Hamas strikes out
- Hard Times then and now
- Henry Kissinger gives advice
- Honest Abe Savior and Martyr
- How Catholic bishops operate
- How Did We Get Into This Mess
- Hurricane Sandy Tragedy no one should die alone in darkness
- Ideology is ignorance
- Ideology is ignorance
- Illegal Immigration attitudes
- illegal immigration What You Think
- Importance of BEES Colony Collapse
- Internet Issues cyber-warfare
- Iranians and the Bomb
- Islam in America
- Islam in Europe
- Jesse Owens American Hero
- Jim Martin Letter 101st Airborne
- Jim Tressel
- Jobs Jobs Jobs
- Judas the Galilean and his Unterbrink writings
- Keith Olbermann ko’d
- Kennedy Assasination Eyewitnesses Video
- Kevin Phillips Predicts Future
- KFC conquers China
- Kick The comment on Comment
- La reConquista giving Our Country back to the Indians
- laissez faire capitalism – Where are the good jobs?
- Life in China
- Life in France
- Life in the United Kingdom
- Life in the United States of America
- Likely Libya Outcome
- Link to tornado videos
- Litigation in Libya
- Living in Paris
- Manufacturing creates wealth
- Marilyn Monroe unseen photographs
- Marine Life dying coral
- Memorial Day 2013
- METH MESSes You Up
- Michael Redd Bucks
- Middle Class economy 21st cen
- Middle Class fACTs
- Middle Class Stories Change for the American Dream
- Middle East History
- Middle East History Egypt Libya
- Middle East History Syria
- Middle East History Turkey
- Militant Islam
- Mindless VIOLENCE and Senseless Cruelty
- Mitt Romney Bain Capital 2012 election
- More Climate Change FACTS
- MORE Divided than Ever
- More of the Same?
- MORE Soldier Stories HELP Taylor Morris
- Mullahs want the bomb
- Muslim Brotherhood revealed
- Muslim Democracy
- Neil Armstrong last interview
- Never Forget 9 11 Essay
- NEW 9-11 video
- New Pearl Harbor account
- Newsweek how Dumb Are We?
- Norway Nutjob Anders Behring Breivik
- NYC imam True Face of Islam
- Obama abandons white working class
- Obama AD 2010
- Obama affect on America
- Obama and Middle East Peace
- Obama and Syria
- Obama is a Phony
- Obama no sense of humor
- Obama not the anti-Christ
- Obama Re-elected Watch Out
- Obama Scorecard
- Obama supports gay marriage
- Obamacare is Poison
- Obamacare is Poison
- Oceans are dying SOS planet
- Ohio State Marching Band Star Trek Video
- Oil Prices means speculators
- Old Men Who Don’t Care
- On Planet Krauthammer
- Opinion about Fracking
- Opinion about Newt Gingrich
- Opinion about Obama
- Opinion About Obamacare
- Opinion about Romney
- Oregon Somali Terrorist
- Our country committing suicide
- Our Friends in Pakistan
- Pakistan Protected Osama bin-Laden updated
- Palin a Phony?
- Palin Book Tour
- past Present FUTURE America
- Pay Attention
- People Need Good Jobs
- Pluto in Capricorn
- Polar Bear Family
- Political Correctness in the UK
- Prairie Chapel Ranch
- Pray for the Children
- Pray for the Children
- Predatory Chinese
- President Cruz le Snooze le Pew
- President Santorum
- Progress in Iraq no democracy
- Rare Earth
- Read This MEMO
- Reality in Libya
- Republican Mandate?
- Robert Bales should be executed
- Rolling Stones at Fifty
- Romney and Afghanistan
- Romney and His Record
- Romney no military service
- Ron Paul
- Ronald Reagan Tax Review
- Ronald Reagan true myths
- SAD Obama
- Santa Muerte
- Screwing US
- Secure Protect Your Data
- See The Evidence PHOTOGRAPHS
- Sesquicentennial of the Civil War
- Sgt Dennis Weichel and Afghanistan
- Snow Scenes around the world
- Soldier Stories
- SSG Johnson surprises Skylar – HAPPY
- State by State casualties Afghanistan
- State of our Democracy
- State of the Economy
- Stories about the After life Service is the currency of Salvation
- Stories World War I and II
- Supercommittee FAILure
- Syrian Spring updated
- Tea Party Hearty
- Ten Conditions for Change
- Ten Conditions for Change I
- Ten Conditions for Change II
- The 911 Conspiracy
- The Connected Class con
- The FED is private
- The Great Helmsman
- The Know Nothing President-cy
- The Rich Get Richer
- There are the Jobs
- This Is EVIL
- Trump for President
- Truth to power The People
- Tunisian Revolution
- UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY
- Unfair Competition equals Free Trade
- Veterans Aging Prematurely
- Veterans Issues
- Washington’s Farewell Address
- Waterloo and Trafalgar
- WEAKest President in History
- What about Scientology
- What Does Romney Stand For
- What I wrote in 2008
- What President Morsi Really Thinks
- What you think about Obama
- What you think about Romney
- who cares gr$$dy NFL
- Why Americans hate their government
- Why Romney Lost
- Why the Arab Spring is important
- Wisdom about Fools
- Xi Jinping and China
- Xi Jinping new leader in China
- Zero Some Game